For those who do not know, Fortnite is THE hottest new game on the market right now. It has become so big that it hit 1.4 million concurrent players and 3 million sales in just two months! I am writing this article to explain how you can play Fortnite on a Chromebook if you have one. There are multiple methods of playing Fortnite on Chromebook. Some of them are described below.
All you need to play Fortnite on a Chromebook is:
- A Windows 10 PC/Laptop (this part does not matter as long as it runs Windows 10)
- Epic Games Launcher (Available Here) (Make sure you download this from your PC!)
- An internet connection capable of downloading at least 4GB from the Launcher
- That’s all, folks!
Here is the step-by-step procedure for installing and playing Fortnite on Chromebook.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Download Epic Games
First off, go download the Epic Games Launcher for Windows on your PC/Laptop (if you can’t find it, Google “Epic Games Launcher,” and it will pop up). Once downloaded, set it up by clicking next.
2. Fill in the information
Fill in all of the information requested by Epic Games (Email address etc.) Note that this is different than your Gmail! If you use a school or work email.
- The Launcher will now download the files needed to play the game! Once it is done downloading, please wait for it to finish and open up your Launcher.
- You should now see a new screen. If you are logged incorrectly, you should have all of your settings set up. Make sure that you have everything set up how I do before playing Fortnite on your Chromebook!
3. Download launcher
Now head over to the Epic Games Launcher page on your Chromebook by clicking next. It will download the Launcher onto your Chromebook and make it ready for use!
4. Open the Launcher
Open the Launcher downloaded onto your Chromebook (It may ask for permission, give it!)
5. Sign in
Sign in to whatever email address you used when downloading the Launcher from your PC.
6. Sit Back and Wait
The Launcher will now download the files needed to play Fortnite on your Chromebook! Could you sit back and wait for it to finish? Once it is done, go ahead and click “Play Now!” Be warned that there may be a lot of lag at the first launch depending on how good your internet speed is, especially if you are using wifi!
7. Install Game
You should now see a new screen. Navigate around until you get to “Install Game” and click it once so that nothing pops up saying, “Are you sure?” It will then install Fortnite onto your Chromebook/Laptop, which WILL take a while depending on how fast your computer is! Just let it work its magic!
8. Play the game
Now that Fortnite is installed go ahead and open it up! You should now see a new screen. It will be the main menu of Fortnite when you start it for the first time (unless you transfer saves files from your PC, it will show your accounts in-game). Go ahead and click “Play!”
9. Authorize Launcher Every Time
Lastly, to play Fortnite on Chromebooks with clicking “play” every time you need to launch the game, scroll down the page once more until you see this button. Clicking this permits you to launch Fortnite through any launcher linked with your Epic Games account (which means your Chromebook too!) Note that saving this to your Chromebook implies that you will have to authorize it through the Launcher every time you want to play Fortnite.
10. Allow on popup
Go ahead and click “Allow” on this popup! Once this is done, you should be able to launch Fortnite from any launcher linked with your Epic Games account without having to log in again! I hope that if you are having trouble getting Fortnite working on Chromebooks, following the steps above should allow you to get it up and running in no time.
Second Method of play Fortnite on Chromebook
- STEP 1: first of all, sign in to your school account, then go into settings > manage the Chromebooks you want to work on (you may need administrator rights)
- STEP 2: make sure developer mode is enabled by pressing ctrl + alt+ t, opening crosh> shell> Sudo enter-Tegra (your password will be ‘face punch or whatever you changed it t)
- STEP 3: add the chrome os to your account – this makes them available when signing back in. next, type in the shell at crosh prompt and enter enter-for (enter playground if that didn’t work for some reason)
- STEP 4: wait for it to do its magic, and when it’s done, type enter-for [enter your password] or ctrl+d if you want to go faster. Open play store and sign in with the same account you used before and searched Fortnite.
What’s the best way to get Fortnite on my Chromebook?
Install the file browser app by opening the Google Play Store app. Install Fortnite Android from the Epic Games website using the Chrome browser. Install the Fortnite APK by opening it in the file system after installing it. You can now use your Chromebook to play Fortnite Android after the installation is finished.